From: "Michael Houghton" <Michael dot Houghton at SMTPGW dot MSC dot NAVY dot MIL>
Subject: Re: Running from sh -c
Date: Aug 17 1998 4:29PM

     Howdy!

     try

     BEGIN { $ENV{SYBASE} = '/usr/sybase'; }

     You have to set ENV before you 'use Sybase::CTlib;'.

     yours,

Subject: Running from sh -c
Author:  Brad Collins  at smtpgw
Date:    8/12/98 10:46 AM

Howdy folks, got a couple more questions.

We have a network management platform that sits on top of a limited Sybase
database.  The product has the ability to fire off external actions or
'tools' as we call them.  In doing this is runs whatever you point it at
with 'sh -c '.

We have written a Sybperl script that queries our database for the History
of a given customer and returns the output.  When we fire it from the
tool, we get errors saying it can't connect.  Basically, it see's sybase's
home directory as "/export/home/sybase" instead of /usr/sybase.  I've
tried putting $ENV{SYBASE} = "/usr/sybase"; in my script, putting a sh
wrapper around with the variale set all to no avail.  I can't seem to make
it think otherwise.

I'm sure I'm not giving near enough info, so please let me know what else
I can provide, I am most definately at a loss here.

Oh, another thing, if you run the scripts directly from the command line,
it works flawlessly.

Any help/ideas will be most appreciated!

Brad