From: Brad Collins <bradc at micromuse dot com>
Subject: A cgi ?
Date: Aug 13 1998 4:52PM

I'm just full of tedious questions this week aren't I? :)

Anyhow, I've built a handy "History" tool on the web.  It works
flawlessly
from one database, it's actually right nifty if I do say so my self :) I

digress.

We've created a new database, and I'm trying to run the same reports
across it to no avail.  I get this:

Server message:
Message number: 416, Severity 16, State 1, Line 1
Message String: Create of work table failed because row size would be
2106.  This exceeds the maximum allowable size of a row in a table,
2014.

The difference between the old database and new database (on the same
dataserver) is one column has increased from a numeric(8) to a
numeric(24)
and we have added about 12 columns.

I wrote another sybperl script that sucks all the data out of the old
database and builds a huge insert file in the new order.  All the old
data
has been successfully populated into the new Database.

If I do this exact same query sybperl is trying to do from isql it works

fine, however when I run the script I get the error message above.

I'll be glad to provide source if its needed!

Thanks for your help!
Brad
Micromuse.