From: "Arild Vassend" <vassend at hotmail dot com>
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Aug 19 1998 2:41PM

Hi!

I have a perlscript (file upload-script) that I use to store documents
in my database. I have made the script so that it successfully uploads
plain text files into the db without any problems. I use dbwritetext,
dbpreptext and dbmoretext to do this.

The problem is when I try to upload word documents or any binary files
(such as images), it doesn't play along. I don't get any rrormessages,
it simply doesn't save the file in the database.

Can anyone give me a thorough description of the three functions
'dbwritetext', 'dbpreptext' and 'dbmoretext'? I can't seem to find any
good documentation of them in the manual.
Sincerely yours,
Arild Vassend
Norway.