From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: dbmoretext() and only 1 db handle
Date: Jul 23 1998 2:10PM

James McAllister writes:

[... using a single database handle in dbwritetext calls ...]

 > MY QUESTIONS:
 >
 > 1) Is this okay?

Yes. It's what I do all the time (well at least when I have to use the
dbwritetext() call...)

 > 2) Am I courting disaster by doing it?

Not in any way that I am aware of.

 > 3) If this is a bad thing, is there an elegant way of duplicating a
 > database handle far downstream of the original login?

Not really. The usual dblogin/dbopen calls are available, but they
require either to have access to the usernm/passwd/server values, or
have faith that these have not been changed since last time dblogin
was called.

 > 4) Anything in the works for CTlib?

Not at the moment, sorry.