From: "Raja Sambamurty" <rajags at hotmail dot com>
Subject: Re: sybperl installation problem
Date: Jun 25 1998 12:01AM

Eli,

Couple of things. If this works interactively but not in cron, then I
would put this in a shell wrapper as in

#!/bin/ksh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sybase/lib:/usr/lib #etc
call_my_perl_script

if it doesn't work when logged in interactively and you have
LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to $SYBASE/lib, then I would check and make
sure that DBlib.so exists in $SYBASE/lib and you have the permission to
read it. If it doesn't exist in SYBASE/lib, then point it to where ever
your open/client libraries are in LD_LIB_PATH.

hth

Raja

>It was there already.
>
>Kao, Tony wrote:
>
>> Eli,
>>
>> Perl contain load openclient library files. Check to make sure
environment
>> variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains the path $SYBASE/lib
>>
>> Tony

'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.so'