From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: RE: Sybperl 2.09_05
Date: Jun 18 1998 2:23PM

I've tested this, and it appears to work OK, both in blocking and
non-blocking mode (thanks, Michael).

However, I have a question: the original DBlib C implementation provided
a mechanism whereby you could poll for a specific DB process, rather
than all the connections you've currently got open.  Is there any way to
do this here?

For example, if I open up connections to 10 DB processes, the only way I
can determine which one dbpoll() is referring to is to compare the
returned dbhandle to all the handles I've currently got open.  That
seems to be kind of a kludgy way of doing it, especially if I get a
return for a handle I'm not yet interested in.

Steve
--
Steven Wechsler/Sybase DBA/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., Inc.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com