From: Robb Canfield <robbc at canfield dot com>
Subject: Re: HP-UX and Sybperl
Date: Jun 12 1998 10:57PM

I tracked down the errors to:

A) Wrong compiler on HP - SYSOP fixed that

B) Did not compile with the "portable" flag - required since the BINS are
moved to other HP systems.

Now I face another question:
Can SybPerl/DBD be compiled dynamically and installed separately from the
base Perl? I have compiled the code dynamically but for technical reasons
there is a desire to keep the current Perl directory structure as is. I
know that at a minimum I will need to add to the @INC (or Perl5Lib
environmental variable) but how do I get SybPerl to place its stuff in the
proper location without hand-editing the makefile?

Thanks for the help Michael and thanks even more for creating this
life-saving module!