From: Eric Johanson <ERICJ at AMC-DIRECT dot COM>
Subject: IIS 3.0, and SSI
Date: Jun 12 1998 6:30AM

Hello,

I've managed to get stumped. :)

I'm using the Server Side Include functions of IIS, and have gotten them to
work to a limited extent.
Using a tag such as this works fine:

however, this returns and error:

The error it returns is:
Failed to execute CGI script
'd:\inetpub\wwwroot\amc-mp\cgi-bin\banner\banner.pl':  Win32 Error Code = 5

Both microsoft's site, and everyplace else I've looked, has very little
information about SSI.

.pl files are associated with d:\perl5\bin\perl.exe, and the script works
great from the command line.
The tags I talked about above, are running from a .STM file, that (inside
the registry) is pointed to:
C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\ssinc.dll

I'm guessing that this DLL file is what launches the script.

I'd like to call the script from the CGI call, because I'm hoping that I can
get "Referrer" data. Will this work?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric Johanson - Web Engineer
Advanced Multimedia Concepts - Redmond, WA
425 558 3125 - ericj@amc-direct.com