From: Robb Canfield <robbc at canfield dot com>
Subject: HP-UX and Sybperl
Date: Jun 12 1998 2:12AM

I need to install Sybperl (and DBI) on a 'HP-UX  B.10.20 A 9000/811'
system. The problem is I am not the administrator.  I only need a static
version, I actually prefer static for my situation, but was unable to
successfully perform 'make'. I get a number of messages indicating critical
compiler errors. Do I need to install 'gcc' as some previous threads
suggested or is this necessary for a STATIC build? If I need 'gcc' can
anyone direct me to a resource that helps explain all of the pieces and a
procedure for doing this.

Thanks

P.S.: I have sucessfully installed Sybperl/DBI under RedHat Linux 5.0 and
am having wonderful success with it.