From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: RE: dbsqlsend
Date: Jun 11 1998 7:15PM

Looking at my DBLib manual, it appears that all we need for asynch I/O
is dbpoll() and dbsqlsend() (and if we want to implement registered
procedure notification, you'd also need dbreghandle() and dbregwatch(),
but I suspect the demand for that is *extremely* limited)...I don't know
enough (or anything) about building Perl packages, so I wasn't able to
get this to work, but looking at the code in DBLib.xs makes me think it
shouldn't be all that difficult to do if you know what you're doing
(which obviously you do).  So I'd like to put in a formal request that
you implement these (pretty please :-) when you can (or, if you could
point me to some documentation that tells how the packages are built,
maybe I could get to it).

Steve
--
Steven Wechsler/Sybase DBA/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., Inc.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com