From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: Signals and DB-Lib
Date: Jun 10 1998 7:02PM

What sort of signal handling can you do while inside a DB-Lib call?

For example, if I'm in the middle of executing a sql() method, and
someone issues a kill -INTR on my process, I'd like to be able to finish
up the current SQL command before I exit.  Is this possible?  The
program in question is one that builds indexes; I'd like it to finish up
the current index so it doesn't leave a table without an index.  I
suppose I could do a SIGIGNORE, but I'd also like the program to be able
to exit without having to do a kill -9 on it (which pretty much obviates
the purpose of having a signal handler in the first place).

Thanks,

Steve

p.s. Anyone have any info on the Sybase mailing list?  I used to be
subscribed but haven't gotten any messages from it in several weeks.
Has it gone down, or changed addresses?
--
Steven Wechsler/Sybase DBA/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., Inc.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com