From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: CGI with Apache and Sybperl on Red Hat 5.0/5.1
Date: Jun 10 1998 4:33PM

Leigh Moncher writes:
 > Sorry 'bout the previous, Eudora acted up with the cut and pasted text.
 >
 > Okay it's not a permissions error because as nobody (su'd to it) the script
 > works fine.  I've also granted world rwx on that directory.  I've set the
 > SYBASE directive in the /etc/profile.

That may not be enough. http servers are known to limit the
environment variables that they pass to their children (cgi scripts)
for security reasons.

See the SetEnv directive for Apache's config files, or make sure that
$ENV{SYBASE} is set properly in a BEGIN block *before* the 'use
Sybase::CTlib' directive.

[reads on....]

ah I see you already did that.

hmm... the error message you get is pretty clear, but it's weird.

Try this:

in the BEGIN {} block, print out the CGI header (ie

BEGIN {
	print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
	$ENV{SYBASE} = ...
}

use Sybase::CTlib;

etc...

maybe this will let you see the errors in the browser...