From: David Carter <david at SOLBORS dot NO>
Subject: Re: CGI with Apache and Sybperl on Red Hat 5.0/5.1
Date: Jun 10 1998 9:04AM

Hi,

You're lucky to have CTlib running under RH5.0. I had to downgrade my
machine to 4.2 get it to work. If you're running things OK from the
command line, then this is a Perl problem. I'm 99% sure as I had *this
exact* chestnut and it foxed me for a whole hour.

> Hey I'm willing to try anything here.

OK. Put ten thousand 1000 bonds into a brown paper bag...

> I've also added the ENV set in the script and that only changed the error
> message (I only get the premature end of script headers now which is not
> correct beacuse the debug output is complete and proper.)

Wrap the $ENV{'SYBASE'} = "/usr/local/sybase"; statement in the BEGIN {}
block. That should sort it:

BEGIN {
$ENV{'SYBASE'} = "/usr/local/sybase";
$ENV{'DSQUERY'} = "wibble";