From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: RE: dbsqlsend
Date: Jun 9 1998 9:25PM

Yes, it does, for text processing...

> int
> dbsqlsend(dbp)
> 	SV *	dbp
> CODE:
> {
>     DBPROCESS *dbproc = getDBPROC(dbp);
>
>     RETVAL = dbsqlsend(dbproc);
>
>     if(debug_level & TRACE_RESULTS)
> 	warn("%s->dbsqlsend == %d",
> 	     neatsvpv(dbp, 0), RETVAL);
> }
>  OUTPUT:
> RETVAL
>

> plop this in to DBlib.xs just below (or above) the dbsqlok()
> definition, and rebuild.
>
> Should work fine...
>
>  > I have a need to send a command to several servers
>  > at the same time, and I'd hate to have to do it by forking several
>  > processes, since it's not really what I had in mind.  Is there a
> set of
>  > corresponding calls in ct-lib that *have* been implemented?
>
> No. Asynch processing is not supported at this point in CTlib.

What exactly would dbsqlsend, as implemented above, do?  According to
the DB-Lib manual, it "Send[s] a command batch to the server and do[es]
not wait for a response. "

How would using your implementation differ from the standard C
implementation?  What's involved in getting Asynch I/O to work?  If
dbsqlsend doesn't wait for a response, isn't that pretty much what I'm
looking for (since dbsqlok is already implemented)?  Or is there more
involved that I'm missing?

I might add this sometime in teh future, but time is short...

Actually, time is infinite (or so they tell me).  *Life*, on the other
hand... :-)

> Michael

Steve
--
Steven Wechsler/Sybase DBA/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., Inc.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com