From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: dbsqlsend
Date: Jun 9 1998 8:54PM

Wechsler, Steven M writes:
 > It appears that dbsqlsend hasn't been implemented in sybperl.  Is there
 > a reason for this?

Nobody's asked for it...

However, dbsqlsend() is trivial to implement, if dbsqlok() exists (I
think it does):

int
dbsqlsend(dbp)
	SV *	dbp
CODE:
{
    DBPROCESS *dbproc = getDBPROC(dbp);

    RETVAL = dbsqlsend(dbproc);

    if(debug_level & TRACE_RESULTS)
	warn("%s->dbsqlsend == %d",
	     neatsvpv(dbp, 0), RETVAL);
}
 OUTPUT:
RETVAL

plop this in to DBlib.xs just below (or above) the dbsqlok()
definition, and rebuild.

Should work fine...

 > I have a need to send a command to several servers
 > at the same time, and I'd hate to have to do it by forking several
 > processes, since it's not really what I had in mind.  Is there a set of
 > corresponding calls in ct-lib that *have* been implemented?

No. Asynch processing is not supported at this point in CTlib. I might
add this sometime in teh future, but time is short...