From: Ronald Page <Ron dot Page at asu dot edu>
Subject: CTlib initialization error
Date: Jun 9 1998 4:59PM

I'm using Perl 5.004_004, Sybperl 2.08 under Solaris 5.5 and Netscape
Server.

I ported an application that works fine from a similiar box under Apache
server.  The biggest difference is that the new location uses AFS
instead of local file space.

The error I'm getting is from the the use Sybase::CTlib statement.
Below is the message (which is ultimately generated from "CTlib.c").
Obviously we've verified that the SYBASE environment variable is set
correctly.  TIA.

--
Ronald Page
Information Technology

Error:
The context allocation routine failed when it
tried to load localization files!! One or
more following problems may caused the
failure Cannot access the sybase home
directory, please check environment
variable SYBASE or ~sybase
Sybase::CTlib initialize: cs_ctx_alloc()
failed at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm
line 185. BEGIN failed--compilation
aborted at
/usr/local/www/develop/epo/cgi-bin/login.cgi
line 18.