From: Leigh Moncher <dvor at voicenet dot com>
Subject: Re: CGI with Apache and Sybperl on Red Hat 5.0/5.1
Date: Jun 8 1998 8:30PM

Nope this is a Sybperl problem (or at least a sybperl with CGI problem). I've
duplicated the issue under Redhat 5.0. Here's the debug output: [root@gromit
cgi-bin]# ./test2.pl (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
2 0 guest1 1 0 dbo10 3 0 probe16383 16383 0 repl_subscriberEnd of Results
Sets
[root@gromit cgi-bin]# and here's the error log when I go after it as a CGI.The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization files!!One or more following problems may caused the failureCannot access the sybase home directory, please check environment variable SYBASE or ~sybaseSybase::CTlib initialize: cs_ctx_alloc() failed at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Sybase/CTlib.pm line 845.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/httpd/cgi-bin/test2.pl line 3.[Mon Jun 8 15:26:28 1998] access to /home/httpd/cgi-bin/test2.pl failed for 10.32.0.2, reason: Premature end of script headersAt 03:04 PM 6/8/98 -0500, you wrote:> This isn't a Sybase problem or a SybPerl problem, it is a CGI > problem. When you are outputting the headers, it is receiving a > premature ending. If you post the relevant parts of the code, > someone might be able to help you here, but a better place to look > would be someplace like comp.infosystems.www.cgi (I think that is the > whole path), or, if you are interested in a mailing list, you could > check out the HTML Writer's Guild at http://www.hwg.org . Two of > their mailing lists (-languages and -servers) would have people able > to help you out in this situation. HTH.> > -JEV> John Erjavec V>>>______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________>Subject: CGI with Apache and Sybperl on Red Hat 5.0/5.1>Author: nathan (nathan@webdesigngroup.com) at mtka-unix-mime>Date: 6/8/98 11:54 AM>>>Hi,> >I have built sybperl successfully on a Redhat 5.0 and 5.1 machine, but have >encountered the same problem using it with Apache in both cases. Here are >the specifics:> >- perl 5.004_04>- sybperl 2.09_04>- dynamically linked ctlib distribution >- Apache 1.2.6 and 1.3.0> >Although building sybperl statically failed in every case that I tried, >building it dynamically was successful in that I could run scripts from the >command line without any problem. However, when I tried to get CGI scripts >with Apache to run, they fail with a server error every time. The error log >shows the generic 'premature end of script headers' error. I don't think >that it is an environment variable problem or a problem with the interfaces >file. I've set the SYBASE environment var. explicitly with the SetEnv >directive, I've tried using the more verbose error logging that Apache 1.3.0 >provides, but it gives me nothing more helpful than the above error message. >The interfaces file that I'm using works fine with scripts run from the >command line, and with other Red Hat machines running 4.2. I'm thinking that >it is some sort of incompatibility between Apache and sybperl resulting from >the new glibc that Red Hat 5+ uses, but that is just a guess.> >If anyone out there has any suggestions (other than downgrading to 4.2), >they would be greatly appreciated. I will downgrade as a last resort, but >if anyone has had success with RedHat 5.x, Sybperl and any web server (not >just Apache), I'd like to hear about your experiences in order to help >narrow down the source of the problem.> >Regards,> >Nathan Harper> >-->Web Design Group, Inc.>Ph: 312.951.6688>Fx: 312.951.6588>Email: nathan@webdesigngroup.com> [root@gromit cgi-bin]# and here's the error log when I go after it as a CGI. The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization files!! One or more following problems may caused the failure Cannot access the sybase home directory, please check environment vari Leigh Moncher dvor@voicenet.com http://www.voicenet.com/~dvor