From: Ed Barlow <sqltech at TIAC dot NET>
Subject: Re: cgi perl speed.
Date: Jun 4 1998 11:06PM

Eric

perl cgi is touchy on performance.  it is probably NOT the sybase part
that is killing you here, but the perl process startup. There are two
addons for perl to make this go away.  mod-perl and fast cgi. The
problem with them is that the doc on both of them SUCK.  They look great
- they both seem to modify the server (apache) so that it spawns
a single perl job instead of one job per connection (ie. they multi
thread your code).  I couldnt figure out how to do it in reality though
and gave up after a few hours.

Cheers
Ed