From: Tim Holt <holt at roguewave dot com>
Subject: RE: out of sync message
Date: Jun 4 1998 8:42PM

Interesting to hear that!

I really didn't solve the problem of the fork.  In our
case, the time spent to do the update was pretty small,
and so it was not really necessary to do the fork'ed
off task.  Had it been necessary, I had contemplated
actually having a second perl program that did the
task that was to be forked.  Then the main prog would just
run the other prog when necessary.

Tim