From: Tim Holt <holt at roguewave dot com>
Subject: RE: out of sync message
Date: Jun 4 1998 6:56PM

You know, I've fought that same error pair...

   Sybase error: Datastream processing out of sync.
   Sybase error: DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled.

as well.  I never figured out exactly what was causing the
problem, but it was centered in some code that was being
fork'ed off to do an update in the background.  When I
finally tossed the fork method, the errors went away.
Don't ask me what fixed what, but the errors went away.
I've got my Sybperl error traps for our site set to email
me w/all the error info, perl call dumps, etc. and I was
getting tired of coming in to find 45 SQL/perl warnings
waiting for me in the mailbox!

Tim Holt, Rogue Wave Software