From: David Carter <david at SOLBORS dot NO>
Subject: Re: cgi perl speed.
Date: Jun 4 1998 12:39PM

Hi,

> you're using perl on NT I imagine ?
> Try switching to a scripting package.  We started a site with
> perl/NT and had to give up because it was killing the server,
> just as you see.  We switched to iHTML (http://www.ihtml.com)
> and it's allowed us a LOT more freedom in the things we do
> with the server.

Or perhaps switching to a proper OS like.. err... any flavour of UNIX will
do :-) I prefer FreeBSD for servers as it's very fast and stable
and.. err... free :-)

If you're chained to NT try playing with the "run level" stuff in the task
manager. You'll have to do lot's of fiddly right-clicking on the correct
tasks whilst logged in as admin (which probably means killing the
webserver.) Alternatively, call M$'s support line.

David.