From: "Peter Collard" <collardp at rabo-bank dot com>
Subject: RE: cgi perl speed.
Date: Jun 4 1998 9:49AM

I'd recommend going down to one Sybase engine, and setting the "runnable process search count" to say 8.

This will make a lot more resource available to other processes.

As regards the MS6.5, you need to do something similar to reduce the processing it does - there used to be an option in 4.2 days to do the same as "runnable process search count"  which you could check out:-

in a dos box run:  bldmstr -d -yall

look in the output for 'cschedspins' - its probably 2000

change it as follows:-

bldmstr -d -ycschedspins=8

Peter Collard
Sybase Database Administrator
0171-410-3863
"The views expressed in this correspondence are mine and not necessarily those of Rabobank International"