From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: ld output doesn't build perl/Sybperl 2.0.9
Date: Jun 1 1998 10:17PM

Bob Brown writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm getting referencing errors with ld when I compile "test".  So what am I missing?  The file
 > sybperl.output is the output from first 2 steps on the command line (Steps #3 and #4).  Please look
 > in it as I see a comment about not finding "-lm" though there is such a library (libm.a) in /usr/lib.
 >  I don't know if that's important or not.

It is. libm.so is necessary to link the Sybase libs, as is libnsl.so
on Solaris. I don't know why libm is not found - I suspect some
problems with the basic perl configuration.

Is there any specific reason why dynamic loading of perl modules is
turned off?

It works really well and makes things a lot easier...