From: Ken Fasman <ken at genome dot wi dot mit dot edu>
Subject: fetchrow_hashref in DBD::Sybase
Date: May 28 1998 4:43PM

We have been experimenting with the hashref version of fetchrow, which is
quite useful when processing the results of a stored procedure with multiple
result sets returned (e.g. multiple SELECTS), plus return code, plus output
parameters.

Michael, if we can be permitted to make a suggestion/inquiry:

Would it be possible to return something more informative than "COL(1)" in
the hash key for the stored proc's return code in result set N-1, and to
use the output parameter names (I believe that they're available to you
via CT-Lib calls) as the hash keys in result set N (rather than COL(1),
COL(2), etc.)?

This would help scripts immensely in intelligently processing these complex
sets of results returned by stored procs.

Thanks,
Ken Fasman
WI/MIT Center for Genome Research