From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Segmentation Fault on full Transaction Log
Date: May 27 1998 3:48PM

Robb Canfield writes:
 > It appears that if the Transaction Log becomes full DBI::SYBPERL exits with
 > a segmentation fault (core dump). If I dump the Transaction log all works
 > perfectly. All other operations I am doing work fine.

Are you using DBI/DBD::Sybase or Sybperl (ie Sybase::CTlib)?

I would guess that the problem is related to the error handler
callback, but I don't know what the exact problem could be. What
version of DBD::Sybase or Sybase::CTlib are you using?

 > Platform: Linux (RedHat 5.0)

Note that this platform is iffy WRT the Sybase libraries, so you could
also be seeing an incompatibility at the OS level.