From: Albert Ng <albert at ANGIS dot USYD dot EDU dot AU>
Subject: RE: return only a subset of a result
Date: May 22 1998 2:31AM

Well :) If it's post then all I need to do is loop through and skip and
extract the rows that I want. Not much else you can do I suppose.
So the time consuming part is the SQL itself. I am working with a
> 40Gb database from which an average select statement (with filtering)
will give me about 100,000 rows in return. So my aim is to not show
everything in 1 go but show them in pages of, say, 10 or 20, at a
time. Now if there's a way for me to specify which rows of the final
result set that Sybase will return to me then that'll be idea. It'll be the
most time efficient way to do it. But can it be done? That's the question.

Thanks :)
Alb
|   ANGIS- The Australian National Genomic Information Service |
|    http://www.angis.su.oz.au      email: albert@angis.su.oz.au   |
|    Phone: 61-2-9351 7219          FAX: 61-2-9351 5694              |