From: Frank Solomon <sysfrank at POP dot UKY dot EDU>
Subject: Re: CTlib or DBlib on FreeBSD
Date: May 21 1998 12:28PM

For us the main issue is having an established sybperl codebase that we use
with most Unix/NT platforms.  FreeBSD happens to be the operating system of
choice for some of the things we do.  However, some of the management
utilities that we've written to work with Sybase databases as the back-end
get kludgy when we try to use the Linux version of Sybperl on FreeBSD.
Rewriting these apps in Java means we have to maintain a separate codebase.
 That's what I mean by "not very satisfying".

Frank