From: lancea at sybase dot com (Lance Andersen)
Subject: Re: CTlib or DBlib on FreeBSD
Date: May 21 1998 11:34AM

Could you expand on what you meant by not very satisfying?  Were
you using jConnect?  What issues did you encounter and what version
of jConnect were you using?

regards,

Lance

> Consider this an "us too".
>
> We did find that using Java and the Sybase pure Java JDBC software allows
> for connectivity from FreeBSD, but also is not very "satisfying".
>
> An OpenClient for FreeBSD I think is long overdue and probably trivial for
> Sybase given their Unix codebase.
>
> Frank
>
> At 12:53 PM 5/21/98 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi,

> >and found nothing positive relating to FreeBSD. As Sybperl is mostly going
> >to be used in a networked situation, it seems a bit odd, apart from sheer
> >popularity of Linux, for Sybase not to provide support for *BSD.
> >
> >Has anyone done this? The only way I know would be to use "Linux
> >emulation", which, in my experience, has rarely been satisfying.
> >
> >Many TIA,
> >David.
> >

> ************************************
>            Frank Solomon
>        University of Kentucky
> PGP Public key available via finger
>    http://www.uky.edu/~sysfrank
>         Life begins at 180

Lance J. Andersen			Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering	Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street			Fax:  (781) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!!              Let's Go Penguins!!!