From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: CTlib object
Date: May 14 1998 9:23PM

Roger Hall writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I hope I'm not doing anything too wrong but perhaps someone can help ?
 > I'm trying to create a perl object for my database connections. It all
 > works fine until I try to have my own object data. Do I have to define
 > my objects' data via ct_connect, which works, or should the code below
 > work ?
 >
 > The line that I have  problems with (see sample code) is ...
 >
 >     $this->{'something'} = "This line causes problems.";

See the discussion on handle attributes in the manual. Basically you
need to predefine new attributes in the ct_connect (or new) call, like
this:

sub new {
    my $class = shift;
    my $this = $class->Sybase::CTlib::ct_connect("user","password","server", undef, {'something' => ''})
      || die "OUCH";
    $this->{'something'} = "This should now work...";

    $this;