From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: DBI/DBD error handling?
Date: May 11 1998 8:59PM

Ken Fasman writes:
 > Michael,
 >
 > The DBI spec appears to be vague on this issue.  Does the generic interface
 > allow for multiple errors to be raised and processed, or will one have to
 > implement a Sybase-specific extension as you did with "syb_more_results"?

I don't remember if the DBI spec allows for this - I haven't had the
time to do anything with this issue for the last 6 months,
unfortunately. If it turns out that multiple error messages from a
single SQL statement is not handled by the DBI then I will certainly
add code to process it (somehow).

 > As always, your speedy responses are *greatly* appreciated.  (When do you
 > have time to get your own work done?)

Answering questions doesn't take much time. It's implementing changes
that takes time, especially with DBI which I don't understand as well
as I'd like...

Michael