From: Ken Fasman <ken at genome dot wi dot mit dot edu>
Subject: DBI/DBD error handling?
Date: May 11 1998 7:21PM

I have a general question about DBI, and a specific question about
DBD::Sybase:

Am I correct in my understanding that $sth->err and $sth->errstr will
only contain the most recent errors raised by the SQL I have executed
from this handle?

For example, I am calling a Sybase stored procedure which can potentially
invoke multiple RAISERRORs.  It appears as if only the last one raised
is coming out to my DBI Perl client.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there
some way to "see" them all from the client (without switching to sybperl)?

Thanks,
Ken Fasman
WI/MIT Center for Genome Research