From: gibson at cbil dot humgen dot upenn dot edu (Mark Gibson)
Subject: higher level objects on top of sybperl
Date: May 6 1998 3:03PM

I was wondering if anyone has written higher level objects on top of
sybperl and what successes people have had with that. I've included my
first attempt at this. SybHandle inherits Sybase::DBlib and just adds
some methods for automatically quoting quotables (char,datetime) and
constructing sql statements from hashes and lists(select list,where
hash,insert hash,update hash...).  SybTable uses SybHandle and allows for
inserting,updating,selecting at the table level with some checking of table
attributes. Any comments would be welcome.
Thanks, Mark Gibson