From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Urgent help wanted on Sybperl.....
Date: Apr 29 1998 8:28PM

madhu sw writes:
 > I have a NT 4.0 running a IIS 3.0 web server and another NT 4.0 server
 > running SQL Anywhere Network Server 5.0.02 which has a Watcom SQl
 > database. I also have Sybperl 2.09 binary installed on the Web server.
 >
 > I first wrote a small script given below:
 >
 > use Sybase::DBlib ;
 >
 > my $dbh =  Sybase::DBlib->dblogin($uid,$pass,$server) ;
 >
 > I got errors, telling that it could not find the locales.dat file in
 > the current directory. I mapped the
 > drive of my database server to my web server, but this did not work.
 >
 > I later installed the Sybperl on the database server and tried the
 > above script i got the following errors..
 >
 > DB-Library error :
 > could not find addressing dictonary
 > Operating system error:
 > There is no OS level error
 >
 > How can i over come this problem, i need to use the web server and
 > then connect to the database server from there, as i would be writing
 > cgi scripts to display information stored in my database server.

You need access to the Sybase installation directories from the CGI
script, and Sybase progs usually use the SYBASE environment variable
to determine where to look.

My guess is that SYBASE is not set correctly. Add something like

BEGIN {
    $ENV{SYBASE} = "C:\SYB10";  #put the correct path here!
}

at the begining of your scripts and see if that solves things.