From: rhall at corpny dot fbc dot com (Roger Hall)
Subject: Re: Callbacks
Date: Apr 24 1998 2:52PM

> Roger Hall writes:
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > In the following code,
>  >
>  > ct_callback(CS_SERVERMSG_CB, "server_cb");
>  >
>  > sub server_cb {
>  >     my($cmd, $number, $severity, $state, $line, $server, $proc, $msg) = @_;
>  >
>  > ...
>  >
>  > }
>  >
>  > Can anyone tell me what $cmd is used for ?
>
> You can use it to get extended error information (it will tell you
> which index caused a duplicate insert error, for example).
>
> You should also be able to access the database handle's attributes via
> $cmd->{}
>
> Michael
> --
> mpeppler@datamig.com    -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler

Having gone through one of the test scripts that is in with the latest
source, I discovered that it all works fine on my NT build. It seems I
have been having problems due to the unix build being :-

	'Sybase::CTlib version 1.20 11/14/96     Beta'

I'll get a later build of this version and try again :-)

Thanx,

Roger.