From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Client character set with CT-Lib
Date: Apr 23 1998 2:32PM

Dan Johansson writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm new to Sybperl (And Sybase-CT-lib) and I would like to know
 > how to set the client character set to 'iso_1' in SybPerl when using
 > the CT-lib functions.

Unfortunately that is not supported yet. I need to implement the
cs_locale() function to get this to work. With a bit of luck you will
have it in the next release (don't ask me when, though...)

An alternative solution is to load the appropriate character set in
the server (probably cp850, as that's usually the 'other' character
set that you encounter).