From: Vlad Markov <vlad dot dvoichenko-markov at bellatlantic dot com>
Subject: Re: Open Client Errors When executing statements
Date: Apr 17 1998 11:56AM

I used to get these errors when I did not have the processing loop for
processing returned results correct. In the examples shipped with
sybperl is an excellent example loop which can be used as a basis for
your own.

The first message is telling you that you haven't fetched all the
results back from your database call before issuing another one.

The second message is telling you the that you are trying to drop an
unfinished database call before you finished processing it.

I am pretty new at this myself. I suspect that someone has written a
production quality processing loop and each one of us are reinventing
the same wheel every time we write our own. Is it possible to write a
generic one?