From: iwakata at netscape dot com (Yasushi Iwakata)
Subject: How to let the server know the client character set
Date: Apr 7 1998 10:30AM

Hi.

I got the following a warning message when I ran "make test" after
compiling sybperl-2.09_04 on Japanese Solaris 2.5.1.

*****************Warning  Message*************

t/bcp...............Sybase message 2401, Severity 11, state 2
Line 1
    Character set conversion is not available between client character
set 'iso_1' and
server character set 'sjis'.

ok
All tests successful.

*****************Warning  Message**************

Sybase is using SJIS (Shift-JIS) as its character set.  In my case, the
client is "JPerl" , Perl5.004 with Japanese patch applied.  Since the
client JPerl is also using Shif-JIS as its character set, it is not
necessary to do any conversions.

I would like to know how to let the server know the client is also using
the same character set.  If it is not possible, I would like to supress
this warning message at least.

Please help me.  All the tests were successful other than this warning
message.

Regards,
yasushi

Yasushi Iwakata