From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: Sybperl on NT
Date: Mar 25 1998 11:34PM

Eddie Cheng wrote:

> Hi Michael:
>
> How's going?  This is Eddie Cheng who used to be at TCI.  I just joined
> ActiveState at Vancouver.  One of my first projects here is to support
> Sybperl on NT, as well as on UNIX (Solaris and SunOS) platforms.  As I
> wander into this arena, I will certanly appreciate any help you could
> provide along the way.

Good to hear from you!

> I will start with building your new Sybperl 2.09 on NT.  Your homepage
> states that the Sybase::CTlib module does not work in Van Leeuwen's built,
> and points to the FAQ for reason why.  However, I failed to find this
> specific info in the FAQ.  Do you happened to have any updates/pointers on
> this issue?

Actually, the 11.x openClient on NT is a lot pickier than 10.x,
and a coding error on my part (not include CS_PUBLIC in
the definition of the error callbacks) was causing CTlib to fail.

I believe that 2.09_03 (which you can get from my web page)
fixes this problem (thanks to Ian MacLeod )

Give it a try, and let me know of any problems.