From: Robb Canfield <robbc at canfield dot com>
Subject: Re: Making Sybperl on Redhat 5.0
Date: Mar 20 1998 7:00AM

Verify that the port address is correct, my install used 5000 instead of
4100 (see Mike's message below).

I received a 'Segmentation Fault' error until I verified my configuration
and used the latest versions of CTLIB and SybPerl. Now even the DBI stuff
is working. One final note, I also updated my RedHat via the latest patches
from RedHat, this includes the glibc 2.0.6-9. Maybe Mike can shed some
light on which glibc he is using. Some comments on this list indicate that
an older glibc may cause problems.

But in any case, your interfaces file should not cause a system fault, even
if it is wrong. Tests will fail with the exact message you indicated but
the program should not core dump.

Which test is generated this message, CTLIB or SybPerl?