From: Robb Canfield <robbc at canfield dot com>
Subject: Re: Making Sybperl on Redhat 5.0
Date: Mar 19 1998 5:58PM

I had a similar problem under RedHat 5.0 and after multiple installs it went
away. I attempted to reproduce my original problem and was unable to. I
suspect
my error was related to not setting each of the configuration items properly.
Sometimes I had the interfaces set right, and not DSQUERY, etc.  Also doing
the
make install seemed to help on the next install pass.

Make sure you are using the latest CTLIB and SybPerl modules
   sybperl-2_09_02
   ctlib-linux-elf-dynamic

The following must all be set correctly:
CTLIB module:
  interfaces file in the CTLIB module (root of wherever CTLIb was placed)
  SYBPLATFORM=Linux in the environment - not everyone has needed to do this,
but I had to

SypPerl module
  Verify the following in CONFIG:
    DBLIBVS=0
    SYBASE={root directory of CTLIB module, where the interfaces file is}
    EXTRA_LIBS=-linsck
    Make the line "LINKTYPE=static" is not commented in the CONFIG file

  make sure DSQUERY is set properly in the environment
  do a perl Makefile.PL - do this any time the CONFIG file is changed
  do a make clean - just in case
  Follow the normal install instructions
  If the test fails - this is weird but it worked for me, I have not confirmed
that it is necessary
    make install
    make clean
    restart the install for SybPerl