From: Ezra Van Everbroeck <ezra at snow dot ucsd dot edu>
Subject: Re: Sybperl and RedHat Linux 5.0
Date: Mar 9 1998 7:22AM

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Robb Canfield wrote:

> I have been unable to get the new CTLib library to compile properly or
> SybPerl to pass its test using Redhat 5.0.

>   cc: /usr/local/sybase/lib/libblk.a: No such file or directory
>   make: *** [blktxt] Error 1

You may be able to fix this error by grabbing the *previous* version of the
Linux Sybase libs and copying its lib/libblk.a to the lib/ directory of the
*new* libs. For some reason, libblk.a is not included in the new package,
but the older one has worked fine for me. On the other hand, I didn't run
into this error compiling sybperl 2.09, so something else may be going on
too. (FWIW, I did get the same error when compiling sqsh 1.6 and fixed it by
copying the relevant file.)

Hope this helps,

Ezra

P.S. I've made the file available at http://snow.ucsd.edu/~ezra/libblk.a
in case you don't feel like downloading the entire archive (and in case you
trust me ;-).

Ezra Van Everbroeck  - - -  ezra@ling.ucsd.edu  - - -  Linguistics
 Computing Support    - -   +1 (619)  534-8239   - -   UC San Diego