From: Hugh Caley <hcaley at tdl dot com>
Subject: Re: Sybperl and RedHat Linux 5.0
Date: Mar 9 1998 1:55AM

Here are my CONFIG settings:

DBLIBVS=0

CTLIBVS=100

SYBASE=/usr/sybase

EXTRA_DEFS=-DDO_TIE

The only library I have listed in CONFIG is:

EXTRA_LIBS=-linsck

I didn't have to do any editing of the of the extralibs stuff per the Linux
instructions at M. Peppler's site; evidently things have been upgraded since
then.

The important line in CONFIG is:

LINKTYPE=static

If you have these set this way and it still doesn't work let me know; I'll
send you all the settings I have.

I'd suggest doing a 'make clean'; reedit CONFIG to look like this (if it
doesn't already) and try one more time.

I'm assuming you've also edited PWD to settings useful at your site.

How do you have $SYBASE set?  I never needed to set $SYBPLATFORM.

Hugh