From: Robb Canfield <robbc at canfield dot com>
Subject: Re: Sybperl and RedHat Linux 5.0
Date: Mar 9 1998 12:43AM

I have been unable to get the new CTLib library to compile properly or
SybPerl to pass its test using Redhat 5.0. I have added all patches (except
kernel) from Redhat's site as of 3-7-98. I have read all archives of
SybPerl messages but nothing seems to be helping.  My version of Perl is
5.004_01 and I did all my work as root.  I confirmed that SYBASE and
SYBPLATFORM were set correctly, I also verified that my extralibs file was
correct:
   -L/usr/local/sybase/lib -lct -lcs -lsybtcl -lcomn -lintl -linsck -lm

I am using the latest releases from http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/ (as of
3-7-98).

Is there anything specific that you did that I may be missing?

Thanks

Here are the errors I received making CTLib
  cc  blktxt.o exutils.o /usr/local/sybase/lib/libblk.a
/usr/local/sybase/lib/libc
  t.a /usr/local/sybase/lib/libcs.a /usr/local/sybase/lib/libcomn.a
${NETLIBS} /us
  r/local/sybase/lib/libintl.a -lm -o blktxt
  cc: /usr/local/sybase/lib/libblk.a: No such file or directory
  make: *** [blktxt] Error 1

And during a 'make test' in SybPerl I received:
  t/ctlib.............dubious
          Test returned status 0 (wstat 11)
  t/cursor............dubious
          Test returned status 0 (wstat 11)
  Undefined subroutine &Test::Harness::WCOREDUMP called at
/usr/lib/perl5/Test/Har
  ness.pm line 219.
  make[1]: *** [test_static] Error 11
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robb/sybase/sybperl-2.09_01/CTlib'
  make: *** [test] Error 2