From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: ct_callback from perl
Date: Mar 5 1998 12:11AM

Todd Cooper wrote:

> I hope you can help :-)
>
> I am having problems calling ct_callback from sybperl.  Do you have
> any examples?  My problem may stem from the fact that I am calling
> from my own library.  No way of passing the function seems to work.  I
> looked at the test library in the distribution and it was not much
> help.
>
> The snippet of code I am using is:
>             $self->log("before setting callbacks retval=$retval error=$!");
>             $retval = $self->{'db_connection'}->ct_callback(CS_CLIENTMSG_CB, \&msg_cb);

ct_callback() is not a function that should be called with a database
handle. It's purpose is to install a callback which will be called
when an error occurs, on any database connection.

So the correct syntax would be:

Sybase::CTlib::ct_callback(CS_CLIENTMSG_CB, \&msg_cb);

> How does the literal "srv_cb" actually work?  Does it look up a global
> function with that name?

Yes. So you're really better off by using \&srv_cb.