From: "Kurt A dot Seiffert" <seiffert at indiana dot edu>
Subject: Redhat 5.0 upgrade and Sybperl
Date: Mar 4 1998 8:28PM

I upgraded to Redhat 5.0 recently. However, it broke my sybperl setup.

While I can get sybperl to compile without errors, whever I run make test I get the
following:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -I.././blib/arch -I.././blib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/i686-linux/5.00403 -I/usr/lib/perl5 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests
$verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/ctlib.............dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 11)
t/cursor............dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 11)
FAILED--2 test scripts could be run, alas--no output ever seen
make[1]: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/sybperl-2.09/CTlib'
make: *** [test] Error 2

If I go ahead and install sybperl anyway as soon as I invoke Sybase::CTlib, perl crashes with
a segmentation fault.

I have the same problem with a static compile as well as a dynamic.

My guess it is related to glibc in Redhat 5.0. Think there is any chance of compiling Sybperl
on a Redhat 4.2 system and installing it on a 5.0 system?

Any suggestions on how to get Sybperl to compile under Redhat 5.0?

Thanks.

-KAS

P.S. I tried searching the archives first but kept getting an access error on the file.