From: Jlulchen <Jlulchen at aol dot com>
Subject: Can I install sybperl without root permission?
Date: Mar 1 1998 7:26PM

Hi all,
I am new to the sybperl package. I have downloaded the sybperl2.09 in my Sun
ultra1 machine. I login on as my user name, and unpacked, make,  and make test
all went OK. But at final stage to make install, the program could not be
installed into the /usr/local/bin... because I do not have a write permission
to that directory requested by the program. Is there anyway to get around to
install sybperl in my local directory or I have to use root to install the
package.? Many thanks!
P.S. Do I have to use Sun C compiler to compile the package, can I use gcc
compiler instead?

Jin