From: "Bill Morrow" <billm at cgy dot valmet dot com>
Subject: Re: building sybperl 2.09 on AIX 4.3
Date: Feb 25 1998 11:42AM

> Bill Morrow wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to make sybperl 2.09 with perl5.4004, and get:
> >
> > Makefile built with ExtUtils::MakeMaker v 5.34 Current Version is 5.42.
>
> Did you rebuild sybperl from scratch (ie starting with
> 'perl Makefile.PL'?
>
> Michael

Yes, fresh copies of sybperl 2.09 and perl 5.004_04. But what I
failed to do, and your mail clued me in, was put the PERL_SRC
variable into each Makefile.PL. I haven't installed perl5.004 yet,
because I had to mess with the DynaLoader code a bit to get it to
build.

I also just changed PERLLIB to point to my new (unistalled)
perl5.004.

sybperl passes all tests now, thanks for the clue!

Bill