From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: Msg Handling Prob
Date: Feb 20 1998 6:39PM

I've found the problem, but I haven't had time to write a clean
solution.

So here's a quick fix - patch to CTlib.xs:

*** /tmp/geta17686	Fri Feb 20 10:36:42 1998
--- CTlib.xs	Fri Feb 20 10:35:11 1998
***************
*** 1455,1461 ****
  	ENTER;
  	SAVETMPS;
  	PUSHMARK(sp);
!
  	if (srvmsg->status & CS_HASEED)
  	{
  	    if (ct_con_props(connection, CS_GET, CS_EED_CMD,
--- 1448,1454 ----
  	ENTER;
  	SAVETMPS;
  	PUSHMARK(sp);
! #if 0
  	if (srvmsg->status & CS_HASEED)
  	{
  	    if (ct_con_props(connection, CS_GET, CS_EED_CMD,
***************
*** 1493,1498 ****
--- 1486,1492 ----
  	    XPUSHs(sv_2mortal(sv));
  	}
  	else
+ #endif
  	    XPUSHs(&sv_undef);

  	XPUSHs(sv_2mortal(newSViv(srvmsg->msgnumber)));

This basically comments out the handliing of extended error
descriptions, which is what is tripping us here.

I'll try to get a real solution done in the next few days.

Michael