From: Tunc Beyhan <tbeyhan at bline dot net dot tr>
Subject: Re: Msg Handling Prob
Date: Feb 19 1998 10:45PM

Sorry ,
I forgot the most vital informations

On RH 5.0 ( but tried on RH 4.2 )
perl5.004_04 and sybperl-2.09

perl -V on RH5.0 ( static )

athena:~$ sybperl -V
Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 4) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=linux, osvers=2.0.32, archname=i386-linux
    uname='linux athena.bentas.com 2.0.32 #1 wed nov 19 18:42:49 est
1997 i586 u
nknown '
    bincompat3=n useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cc', optimize='-O2', gccversion=2.7.2.1
    cppflags='-Dbool=char -DHAS_BOOL'
    ccflags ='-Dbool=char -DHAS_BOOL'
    stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
    voidflags=15, castflags=0, d_casti32=define, d_castneg=define
    intsize=4, alignbytes=4, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='ld', ldflags ='-L/usr/local/lib -static'
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib
    libs=-lndbm -lgdbm -ldb -lm -lc
    libc=/usr/lib/libc.a, so=none
    useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_none.xs, dlext=none, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=''
    cccdlflags='', lddlflags=''

  Built under linux
  Compiled at Feb  2 1998 17:03:22
  @INC:
    /opt/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404
    /opt/lib/perl5
    /opt/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux
    /opt/lib/perl5/site_perl

Dynamic linking in RH4.2 with the new ctlib failes also

Tunc ,