From: philip mikal <philipm at nafohq dot hp dot com>
Subject: Re: help with inserting text
Date: Feb 18 1998 7:06PM

Tim:

Thanks for the response.  When I use the following subroutine to insert
my data, I get errors regarding syntax errors, that seem to be caused by
characters such as ("',@).  I'm sure I'm just forgetting something.

Help!

Philip

-----------------
open (LINKS, "index.data") || &CgiDie ("I am sorry, but I was
	not able to open the link database.   The value I have is
	index.data. Would you please check the path and the permission.");

while ()
	{
	($link_title, $id, $unique_id, $link_url, $link_description, $author_email, $author_name) = split (/\|/, $_);
	$select = "insert into link_table values ($link_title, $id, $unique_id, $link_url, $link_description)";
	$dbh->dbcmd("$select");
	$dbh->dbsqlexec;
	$select = "insert into link_owners_table values ($unique_id, `$author_name`, `$author_email')";
	$dbh->dbcmd("$select");
	$dbh->dbsqlexec;
	}
close (LINKS);